Tuesday 3 March 2009

Waiting...

Sitting around doing nothing is probably the single biggest challenge for any "Westerner" coming to Africa. Getting bored takes on a whole different meaning here. This morning we were supposed to have three things happening:
1) Receive our shipment from Lufthansa
2) Meet with a potential cleaning lady
3) Get our water pump fixed

Out of the three only the third one came anywhere near: we've had two guys on the roof fiddling with the water supply achieving the final result of no running water at all. I guess this means that they did do something with the pump actually. I am waiting to see if there will be any to wash the dishes with.

As for the other two, well... we just wait.

Also, since there is no water and right now all things on my to-do list have some kind of wet component, I am sitting doing nothing. Well, I am cooking lunch, which luckily doesn't involve water (no soup today) and I play with the kids. Also, I need to iron, but I can only do that when they go to bed because they are still monkeys who like to pull down stuff and I am just way too afraid they'll get burnt somehow.

Anyways, I should go and see how my potatoes and sausages are coming.

2 comments:

Ron Rollins said...

How were they?

Ron Rollins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.